“Falls” are common workplace injuries, and finding more ways to prevent them from happening is needed.
To prevent falls from occurring:
· Employees should be trained on the proper use of equipment especially harnesses, ropes, and scaffolding.
· Equipment should be checked for tears or holes before every use.
· If working on a bridge, safety nets should be in place below.
· Employees should be taught to be careful when going down stairs, and to remove any items blocking their path.
· Ensure proper lighting is in place before walking.
· Any repairs to climbing equipment, stairways, or light fixtures should be treated immediately.
The best way to practice safety and prevent falling at work is to spot a hazardous situation