Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Safety First and other Safety Products topics.
“Falls” are common workplace injuries, and finding more ways to prevent them from happening is needed.
To prevent falls from occurring:
· Employees should be trained on the proper use of equipment especially harnesses, ropes, and scaffolding.
· Equipment should be checked for tears or holes before every use.
· If working on a bridge, safety nets should be in place below.
· Employees should be taught to be careful when going down stairs, and to remove any items blocking their path.
· Ensure proper lighting is in place before walking.
· Any repairs to climbing equipment, stairways, or light fixtures should be treated immediately.
The best way to practice safety and prevent falling at work is to spot a hazardous situation