As an employer, especially in the field of construction or manufacturing, training your employees to properly use a hard hat is essential. Some examples of ways to train employees about hard hats include:
· Training them to identify cracks or fractures in the hard hat shell.
· Training to help them determine if a problem exists with the suspension system.
· Training staff to wear the hard hat in the correct manner.
· Training staff to identify what areas or situations are potentially dangerous, and where or when to wear a hard hat.
· Training on why it is important to wear a hard hat for protection.
· Training to inform employees about what the hard hat will not protect them from.