Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Safety First and other Safety Products topics.
Written below are the most common ways to prevent hearing loss in an industrial setting by:
· Wearing hearing protective equipment such as ear plugs or ear muffs.
· Maintaining and checking hearing protectors for signs of “wear and tear.”
· Having your hearing regularly tested.
· Lessening the amount of time spent in areas where the sound is greater than 85 decibels.
· Turning down loud music, and minimizing exposure to loud noise-producing machinery.